BORAL SOLID STRIP FLOORING
IMAGE: ©BORAL SOLID STRIP TIMBER FLOORING
Boral tongue and groove solid strip flooring is precision-milled, providing a wear layer that can be refinished many times over, providing a lifetime of enjoyment. It is manufactured with a tongue and groove profile that is also end-matched for a tight board-to-board fit and has the structural strength to be installed by nailing directly onto joists, battens or under-ply over concrete using secret or top nailing methods. Boral Timber has produced an installation procedure for secret fixing wide boards, board widths of up to 130mm can be secret nailed into the tongue for a smooth and clean finish.
See the Product Installation Guide for further details. It is recommended that an experienced professional timber flooring contractor handles the installation as well as the sanding and finishing of a new hardwood timber floor.
*Boral engineered flooring is not recommended for use in wet areas including bathrooms and laundries.
BENEFITS & FEATURES:
• Boral 19mm solid strip flooring is available in a wide variety of Australian hardwood species with a range of Janka (hardness) ratings.
• The profile consistency across the entire 19mm solid strip flooring range provides mixed board width design options and multi-directional board laying.
• The tongue and groove design includes a structural secret nail pocket designed to seat boards better.
• Blackbutt and Spotted Gum have a natural fire resistance. Their fire retarding properties, make them suitable for use in many bushfire prone areas under Australian Standard AS3959.
• Boral 19mm solid strip flooring can handle foot traffic as soon as it is laid, allowing for other trades on the job before a final sanding and application of the finish.
• Solid hardwood floors are excellent for asthmatics as they do not harbour dust mites or other allergens.
• A timber sub-floor gives easy access to the underfloor for plumbing or ducted heating, or to repair wiring.
• Timber is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources.
• Building a sustainable future – Boral Timber hardwoods have full Chain of Custody certification aligned with the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS).
Boral 19mm solid strip flooring is available in four grades. Boral Timber Flooring meets Australian Standards and uses the aesthetic Boral Timber grading system. Grading is distinguished by selective gum veins, spirals, burls, insect trails and other natural features that give timber floors a unique character, as individual as a signature. Boral Timber Flooring is not graded for colour variation or grain patterns as they form part of the natural beauty of timber flooring.
• Classic Grade – A subtle feature grade of timber flooring that provides a low level of natural features. The low levels of natural feature present the floor with a uniform look that is best suited to modern, minimalist styles.
• Australiana Grade – Graded to include the most interesting and moderate natural features to enhance the look of a timber floor.
• Standard and Better Grade – Carefully graded to include the most interesting and moderate features of Australiana grade flooring. This grade offers a minimum level of natural features best suited to a modern style.
• Natural Grade – Boral Timber’s rustic grade displaying a high level of natural features. This grade offers a unique, aged look with extenuated natural features and is well-suited to both commercial interiors and traditional decors.
Note: The availability of some species is state specific and not all species are available in all grades. Some additional species may be available on request.
SPECIFICATIONS Sizes: 63mm x 19mm, 85mm x 19mm, 130mm x 19mm, 180mm x 20.5mm
Supplied as random lengths: From 900mm to 5700mm
Choose from the following Timbers:
Currently no downloads available for this product