OUR STEEL FRAMING ADVANTAGES
HIGHER BUSHFIRE RATINGS
LOWER CHEMICAL EMMISIONS
LIGHT & EASY TO ERRECT
CYCLONIC WALL FRAMING
NOT AFFECTED BY TERMITES
We made the decision to expand into steel framing so we could offer the complete pre-fabrication package. Completely steel framed, or a combination of timber and steel, it presents no problems to our experienced staff. The Steel Framing Department at Worldwide Timber Traders employs Estimators and Designers with a wealth of experience in steel framing and pre-fabrication. This allows for accurate in-house quoting of your steel frame requirements from plans and drawings. We can then work through the process to create a steel framed solution for your specific needs. Scroll down to read more about our Steel Framing.
STEEL FRAMING & TRUSS
THE BENEFITS OF USING STEEL FRAMING
1. MACHINED PROCESS
- There is no welding – which burns away the zincalume protection, then relies on a spray paint touch up.
- Screws achieve a greater strength than the riveted system and if required can be removed and refixed.
2. HIGH VALUE PRODUCT
Some other valuable points include:
- 90mm wide frames offer more strength than 75mm wide frames potentially saving money by being able to reduce the thickness of the coil used to produce the channel.
- Wall frames that are 90mm wide allow you to install thicker batts of insulation in the space between studs which increases the thermal rating of your walls allowing the building to achieve a greater energy efficiency star rating.
- Termites and European House Borer have no affect on steel framing.
- Steel framing is produced without organic pesticides, preservatives or glues making it a low VOC material.
- It also does not absorb moisture which can contribute to the formation of mould in your roof space and cavities.
3. EASY INSTALLATION
4. PART OF A HEALTHY HOME
5. 100% RECYCLABLE
Prefabricated Steel framing is the most economical of all building systems due to the efficiency of the product and process. Less material is needed to complete the structure, while roll forming means not having to cut what you need from standard timber lengths and wasting the rest.
Contact us to find out more about our Steel framing: (08) 9418 3222